Template Policy: Client Documentation Retention Policy
This template is to guide programs in developing policies and procedures on how long a client document should be held by the program. This document provides procedural recommendations for emergency shelter and transitional housing programs as well as programs that provide outreach and legal advocacy.
Agencies and innovative partnerships are encouraged to use and adapt this model policy. You may change wording to match the language your agency or partnership prefers (e.g. client, victim, survivor, service participant). To adapt the template simply:
- add information relevant to your specific agency, partnership and funders;
- insert your [program/agency/partnership/collaboration names] and letterhead; and,
- remove generic template blue instruction notes and other notices.
Distribution Permissions: Published February 2013. May be reproduced or adapted for nonprofit or educational uses with acknowledgement of authors and/or publisher.
Download this Template:
- Template Policy: Client Documentation Retention Policy [English - Word.DOC]
- Plantilla de Política: La Política/los Procedimientos para la Retención de Documentos de Clientes [Español / Spanish - Word.DOC]